Thursday, January 1, 2009

Blogging is Lame.

No seriously, it is.

Which is why I never do it.

But Christine is under the weather today, and I don't have ANYTHING else to do. So here is an update. Ugh. This is exactly what I hate about it. Does everybody really think that their mundane pathetic excuse for an existence is really that interesting to everybody? It is not. There are probably four people out there genuinely want an update on what is going on with me, and I'd much rather those four people just come ask me. Whatever. You are getting it anyway.

Update commence.

Christine and I are well. We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary (of dating) last month and we are starting to look at apartments. Living in my parents basement is nice and all, but sometimes we would really rather have our own place. It is tough to find something in our price range because I am taking 15 credits at UVU this upcoming semester and will be cutting back on my hours at work. Rent is the last thing I want to have to worry about right now, but we are looking anyway.

I am still at X96, though not very often. I go in on Saturday mornings and getting more and more of that much needed experience to go on a resume.

Andy and I went to Seattle in November to hang out with Saba and see an AC/DC concert. I took my digital SLR camera and practiced my photography quite a bit (I'll be taking a photography class this semester as well.) I have decided Seattle is definitely in my top 5 favorite places I've been, and the concert was ridiculously awesome. And I finally got to see Kurt Cobain's former house and de-facto memorial bench ("Oh Trevor that is so cliche, Nirvana and Cobain are so overrated." You shut up. Nirvana has been my favorite band for years and its too late for you to change it now.)

I just finished my Associates Degree (Associates of Science in Communication) and am now working on the BS in Journalism. My target date for graduating is December 2010. This semester I'm taking a Digital Audio class, a Digital Photography course, a Digital Cinema course, a class about legal proceedings in journalism, and I'll be continuing my internship at the station. Over the summer I hope to do another internship, but this time somewhere in public broadcasting (PBS, KUED, KRCL, KUER, NPR, Public Radio International), which is where I would really like to end up working after I graduate.

I don't really like to make "new years resolutions" per say, but I do like to set goals for myself to achieve during the upcoming year (I know, its the same thing right? Well its not to me. "Resolution" just has a negative connotation. I prefer simple goals). In 2009 I would really like to lose this damn twenty pounds I have put on since high school, it is really getting in the way. I also want to get back to playing music regularly. I was is bands throughout middle school and high school, and since then I have yet to get back into it (aside from the occasional jam session). I really want to focus on my bass playing, because I have become extremely sloppy in the past few years. I can't justify nine guitars in my room and almost $3000 in amps just sitting around collecting dust, so I'm either going to utilize them or get rid of them. This year is all about time. It should be a pretty interesting challenge to balance 15 credits at school, 24-32 hours a week at work, and regularly playing/writing/recording music while still maintaining enough time for Christine and I to spend time together. I'll figure it out though. I usually do. Although one thing usually suffers though. This year I'll try to make the things that suffer different (or even nonexistent).

Anyway, I'm done writing now. I hope you are done reading.
Later Jerkz

No comments: